Thursday, June 14, 2012

Fear: A New Day


Fear is something that plagues many of us. Whether it is how we are going to make the next bill, will my child make the right choices or will my loved one be healed fear can creep in and take hold of our lives.

Recently I have been praying about a situation that I felt REALLY needed to be answered in a certain way and it was answered in the OPPOSITE way.  You got to love moments like that!  At first peace came and then fear started to creep in and take up residence in my mind.  

There have been times in my life where fear has been firmly conquered by Christ’s power and other times where I have, in the words of Beth Moore, allowed a “past fear to project on a new day”.  Time after time I am brought back to one scripture:

 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.  2 Tim. 1:7 (KJV)

Don’t misunderstand me.  There is such a thing as healthy fear (i.e. the type that keeps us from dangerous situations).  Although the type I am talking about does nothing helpful.  This scripture has released me so many times and continues to do so when that unhealthy fear would want to control.

So I encourage you to ask yourself a few questions:

Is fear taking up residence in my mind?

Am I allowing a “past fear to project on a new day”?  Many of our fears come from past dangerous situations we are no longer experiencing.   

Do I have a scripture that has spoken to me?  Remember, God’s word is alive, active and powerful (Heb. 4:12)!


Editor's Note: The Community Care ministry provides emotional and spiritual support. There is a pastor or community care leader available to speak with you today. If you have questions regarding the Community Care ministries please contact communitycare@mecklenburg.org or 704.598.9800 x 121. You may also learn more at the Community Care website and our upcoming events page

No comments:

Post a Comment