Tuesday, December 6, 2011

The Color Purple: God is trying to tell you something!

I LOVE the following question:

What is God showing/teaching you?

I love to ask this question to myself sometimes daily, monthly and especially yearly.  New Year's Eve is a special time for me to think of spiritual goals for the next year and examine themes in my life from the past year in which I see and hear God speaking.  Sometimes these themes come very easy to my mind and sometimes they do not.

What I do know is that IF I am to understand something, God does make it clear.  It is important to remember to pay attention to what God IS showing/telling you and not to continue to be focused on something that you feel you have not received the full answer to at this time.  Just think about Job.  Job was never told the reasons he went through everything he did, yet Job trusted God.  Trusting God was the BEST thing Job could have done (see Job 1 and Job 42).

So, whether a clear answer does come to you from the question above or it is hazy do remember the following:

*God is up to something

*God wants you to TRUST Him

*God is communicating to you.  Pay attention to this!

Someone sent a VERY iconic movie clip to me today.  It is from "The Color Purple" when the song, "God is trying to tell you something" is being sung.  This is such a beautiful part of this movie.  Watch the clip and be reminded of the one that loves you and wants a full relationship with you:



So, what is God telling/showing you?  Leave a comment below...

Resources:

The Link to the above video is found here

2 comments:

  1. God is telling me to stop running from the things I need, desire, and deserve. I need God's love. I desire God's love. And I deserve God's love. On my path, God has placed specific people to help me see I am NOT alone in this world. Running from one place only means I am running to somewhere else, and where I go, He will be there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stormspeak, where you are God is, you are not alone and God loves you!

    ReplyDelete