Thursday, May 17, 2012

Wait on God vs. God waiting on You

I read something today that expressed the point of view to “wait on God”.

I COMPLETELY agree with this and yet when I read the phrase (one I have said many times) the thought came to me…. “What if God is waiting on you?”.

For some reason I do not see as many people talking about the idea of God waiting on us versus us waiting on Him. This makes me smile. As humans we always want to put the focus on the “other one”:

If only my wife would not question the decisions I make then I would…

If only my husband would give me help around the house then I would…

If only my kids would show me respect then I would…

If only my parents would give me more freedom then I would…

If only my job paid me more then I would…


If only God would make this happen then I would…

I encourage you today to examine the areas in your life you are “waiting on God” and ask God, “Are you waiting on me?”. 
Also, ask to know what God is waiting on….


Editor's Note: The Community Care ministry provides emotional and spiritual support. There is a pastor or community care leader available to speak with you today. If you have questions regarding the Community Care ministries please contact communitycare@mecklenburg.org or 704.598.9800 x 121. You may also learn more at the Community Care website and our upcoming events page.

No comments:

Post a Comment