Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Who are you BECOMING?



Forget "what" you are doing today. "Who" are you becoming?

I read this from a “tweet” from @SoulCare today.

I love this question so much, one that led me to some serious thinking.
  • Who am I becoming?
  • Is this the direction I want to go?
  • If not, what needs to change?
  • What needs to stay the same?
I thought…I want to be a wonderful, encouraging wife, physically fit human being, great evangelistic Christian, supportive daughter and sister, reliable friend, prolific counselor, and overall a fun person to be around

I actually did laugh out loud after typing that sentence. I believe the picture of a perfect human being was starting to form in my head and we all know that role has already been cast and filled:  Jesus Christ.

In reality WHO am I becoming?
  • I am becoming a quieter person with each year that passes (learning more and more the wisdom of listening and hearing what others have to say) [Eph. 4:29; Pro. 12:18].
  • I am becoming a person who is realizing how time really does pass by so quickly and if you do not make effort to capture each moment to its fullest life becomes out of balance….[Psalm 90:12].
  • Lastly, I am becoming a person who is being challenged through life circumstances to show more and more trust and faith in God [Hebrews 11:6].
So there it is, that is who I am becoming…

So, please tell me….WHO are you BECOMING?

No comments:

Post a Comment