Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Option 3: Wait!

I have heard people say that God ALWAYS answers prayers in one of three ways:

1)  Yes

2)  No

3)  Wait

For some any of these three ways are fine.  They have the saintly ability to trust and show their faith in God.  Then there are those people who feel like option 3 is like a death sentence.  They would rather have a clear, concise answer NOW.  Throughout the years I have been one that falls into the "give me anything but option 3" camp.  I believe that is why during the past two years God has taught me a lot about the joy in waiting.  This can also be described as patience which is one of the characteristics of the spirit of God (see Galatians 5).  For me specifically Lamentations 3: 25-26 (NKJV) has been a scripture that has come to my mind frequently over the past year and I have been able to experience what it says:

The LORD is good to those who wait for Him,
To the soul who seeks Him.
It is good that one should hope and wait quietly
For the salvation of the LORD. 

I have seen how God's plans are much better than mine.  I now remind myself of this and I can get excited when I hear the answer to my prayer is option 3!

I am a firm believer that God is teaching us something all the time.  I love to look back at my life (the past day, the past month, the past year) and take an account of what I feel and think the Lord has been showing me.  Christ believers are always being molded to be more Christ like. 

I would like to challenge you to think back on the past day, week, month, or year and see if you can pick up on what God has been teaching or showing you.  If you are not a Christ follower please still look back on your life.  Have there been times when people have spoke to you about Christ?  Has there been times when your thoughts have wandered to the "what if" God exist category? 

No matter where you are in your belief in God or journey of faith we would love to learn about this.  Please leave us a message about this or call us today!

Resources

Community Care - to help you with your spiritual and emotional needs located at Mecklenburg Community Church. 

No comments:

Post a Comment