Wednesday, October 10, 2012

What to do with Suffering


 I have permission to share this story, read below:

I recently experienced some of the worst suffering I had ever experienced before in my life.  It was so bad, at one time I was crying so hard someone had to help me to set down so I would not fall.  I do not believe I could even put into words the thoughts and feelings I experienced so I will not even try.  Through this suffering a very interesting thing happened.  Many prayers I have prayed (some for years and some only for months) were answered.  Some of these included a restored relationship and a person growing closer to Christ.  This experience was the most painful and amazing experience.

This person saw before their eyes the story of the cross coming to life.  They saw deep suffering, death and destruction and then resurrection and a new life.  Someone may ask, "So God allowed this person to go through so much suffering to answer their prayers?".  Some may say, "Why would God allow such things?".

The truth is the same truth as with the story of Jesus Christ's death and resurrection.  The death and destruction was caused by sin by humans and the resurrection and new life was from God's miraculous power of grace, healing and salvation.  Pay attention to your life.  Give God your sufferings and God will show you and allow you to experience the grace, healing and wonder of a new life.   

I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us.  Romans 8:1, NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment