Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Tragedy and Praise

Wow….

Within the past 24 hours I have heard about the following:

*A family being torn apart by generation abuse

*Teenager being suicidal

*Parents fighting for custody over a child

*A woman fighting to maintain reality (experiencing hallucinations)

*A couple trying to maintain their marriage from the stress of sick family members

*A sick child spending time in the hospital and not knowing what is wrong

*Three eviction notices

*A person that may go to jail

*Two people who found out they have cancer and 1 person that may have cancer

*A person that may be laid off by their job by the end of the year

And I remind you that this has been within the past 24 hours.
Tragedy is alive and well and shows itself daily.

When I get overwhelmed from this tragedy I think of certain scripture within God’s word:

Acts 16:16-40

There is no way I can give this portion of scripture justice. There is so much in it so I encourage you to hit on the scripture reference and read it….

After you have I just want to bring your attention to the fact after they had been stripped, beaten and put in prison they were singing praises to God at Midnight…..is anyone else amazed by that….and then God brought so much good out of this. It is amazing how it all ends.

I keep praise music on a lot. It helps remind me that God is bigger than everything that has happened in the past 24 hours and he brings so much good from all the situations he touches. That is why, I have invited him to touch each one of those situations in that list.

I challenge you to praise Jesus more. Look at the Jesus more than the problem.

 
Editor's Note: The Community Care ministry provides emotional and spiritual support. There is a pastor or community care leader available to speak with you today. If you have questions regarding the Community Care ministries please contact communitycare@mecklenburg.org or 704.598.9800 x 121. You may also learn more at the Community Care website and our upcoming events page.

No comments:

Post a Comment